Robert M. Hughes, JD, LLMMember
- Email Robert M. Hughes, JD, LLM ›
Bob practices in the areas of taxation, trusts and estates, elder law, wills, probate, asset protection, succession planning and business planning. Extensive experience in income, estate and gift tax planning has led Bob to represent clients in estate and income tax audits before federal and state authorities. His representative clients include individuals, bank trust companies and closely held businesses. Bob also represents individuals in the preparation of pre-marital and post-marital agreements. He is admitted to practice in the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, the U.S. Tax Court and the state courts of Kansas and Texas. Bob is listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of Elder Law, Tax Law, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) and Trusts and Estates Law and has been named Best Lawyers Lawyer of Year in Wichita in 2012 in the practice area of Elder Law. He has also been selected as a Kansas Super Lawyer in the practice areas of Estate Planning and Probate Law. Bob frequently lectures on estate planning, asset protection planning and will and trust drafting to other professionals and organizations.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Business Administration, University of Kansas, 1979
- Juris Doctor, Washburn University, 1982
- Master of Laws (Taxation), Southern Methodist University, 1983
- American Bar Association – Member, Taxation Section; Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section; and Law Practice Management Section
- Kansas Bar Association – Member, Tax Law Section; Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section, Past President; and Elder Law Section
- Wichita Bar Association – Member and Past Chair, Probate Committee
- Texas Bar Association – Member – Tax Section; Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section; and Computer and Technology Section.
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Wichita Estate Planning Council, Past President
- Fellow – Kansas Bar Foundation
- Member – Downtown Rotary Club of Wichita
- Board Member – Senior Services of Wichita, Inc.
- Past Trustee – Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum
- Co-author, “Basic Will Drafting,” Kansas Bar Association
- Chapter author, “Kansas Estate Administration Handbook”
- Chapter author, “Taxation and Punitive Damage Awards,” South Carolina Trial Lawyers Association Bulletin