R. Chris Robe, JD, CPAMember
- Email R. Chris Robe, JD, CPA ›
Chris began his tax career with the international accounting firm of Deloitte & Touche. He practices in the areas of taxation, employee benefits and ERISA, trusts and estates, wills, probate, family succession planning and business law. Chris regularly represents both large and small clients, including numerous professional practice groups on ERISA and employee benefit matters. His representative clients include individuals, banks, professional practice groups, and closely held businesses. He is admitted to practice in the District Court for the District of Kansas, the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and the Kansas state courts. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Wichita, KS, 2018 in the practice areas of Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law and Trusts and Estates. He has also been selected as a Kansas Super Lawyer in the practice area of Employee Benefits/ERISA Law. Chris is a frequent lecturer on tax topics for individuals and professional organizations. He has been named Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year in Wichita in 2016 in the practice area of Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Kansas, 1969
- Juris Doctor, University of Kansas, 1972
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association – Member and Past President, Tax Law Section; Corporate Banking and Business Section; and Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Wichita Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants – Past Board Member and Past Trustee of the Educational Foundation
- Wichita Chapter of the Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- ESOP Association
- Wichita Estate Planning Forum
- Fellow – Kansas Bar Foundation
- Member – Downtown Rotary Club of Wichita
- Past Member – Wichita Salvation Army Advisory Council
- Past Board Member – Boys and Girls Clubs of South Central Kansas
- Member – Wichita Wagonmasters
- Past President and Board Member – Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Sedgwick County, Kansas
- Chapter author, “Kansas Estate Administration Handbook,” Kansas Bar Association
- Author, “Survey of Kansas Law: Taxation,” Kansas Law Review
- He has been named Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year in Wichita in 2016 in the practice area of Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law.