Hellen L. Haag, JD, LLMMember
Hellen began her professional career with the international accounting firm of KPMG, LLP. She practices in the areas of taxation, employee benefits and ERISA, trusts and estates, wills, probate, family succession planning and business law. She regularly counsels clients on ERISA and employee benefit matters. Her representative clients include individuals, professional groups and closely held businesses. Hellen is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, the U.S. Tax Court and the Kansas state courts. Hellen is listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law; Non-Profit/Charities Law; and Trusts and Estates Law and has been named Best Lawyers Lawyer of Year in Wichita in 2012 in the practice area of Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law. In addition to teaching a 15-week course on estate planning for the Society of Financial Service Professionals, Hellen also frequently lectures on tax-related issues for professional and various other organizations.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Kansas, 1988
- Juris Doctor, University of Kansas, 1991
- Master of Laws (Taxation), University of Denver, 1992
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association – Member, Tax Law Section (Executive Committee); Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section.
- Wichita Bar Association – Member, Probate Committee
- Wichita Estate Planning Council
- Board Member – HopeNet, Inc.
- Member – Downtown Rotary Club of Wichita
- Volunteer – Reading Is Fundamental (RIF)
- Past Board Member – Senior Services of Wichita, Inc.
- Firm Representative – Wichita Independent Business Association
- Co-author, “Basic Will Drafting,” Kansas Bar Association