Brian A. Turney, JDMember
- Email Brian A. Turney, JD ›
Brian practices in the areas of estate planning, taxation, trusts and estates, wills, probate, guardianship and conservatorship, corporate, charitable organizations and employment law. His representative clients include individuals and closely held businesses. He represents clients in tax controversies before the Internal Revenue Service, the Kansas Department of Revenue and in the federal and state courts. He is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, the U.S. Tax Court and the state courts of Kansas and Oklahoma. Brian is listed in the Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of Trusts and Estates Law. He has also been selected as a Kansas Super Lawyer 2012 Rising Star in the areas of Estate Planning and Probate. Brian lectures on tax and related topics to professional and various other organizations.
- Bachelor of General Studies, University of Kansas, 1996
- Juris Doctor, University of Kansas, 2000
- American Bar Association – Member, Taxation Section; and Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- Kansas Bar Association – Member, Tax Law Section; and Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Section
- Wichita Bar Association – Member, Probate Committee
- Oklahoma Bar Association – Member, Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Section
- Wichita Estate Planning Council
- Director, Past-Secretary and Current Chair of Vocational Service Committee – Rotary Club of West Wichita
- Director – Westurban Little League, Inc.
- Past-Director – West Wichita Charitable Foundation
- Past Board Member – Partners for Progress-Maize Education Foundation
- Past Advisory Board Member – Wichita Central Branch YMCA
- Past Member – Downtown Wichita YMCA Men’s Club